Although Writing Shed doesn’t make your work visible in the Finder it nonetheless backs it up if you are using Time Machine. The way to restore it is as follows:
- Go to the finder and choose Go to folder in the Go menu
- In the dialog that appears enter ~/Library (it should already be there) and press the Go button to display the Library
- Locate the folder Containers in the list of folders and select it.
- Enter Time Machine
- Locate the backup containing the Writing Shed database you want to restore
- In the list of files in Containers locate com.writing-shed.osx-writing-shed
- Choose Restore